Here is a very easy Thandai masala powder recipe which can be made at home. Thandai is a refreshing drink very well integrated with the festival of Holi for years and years. You just can not have enough of chilled thandai. Chilled thandai, delicious chaat, colors, some holi Bollywood music and friends… what else you need. Here is the thandai masala recipe which is super easy to prepare and delicious too.
Serves : 6 – 7
Total Time: 15 mins
Thandai Masala Ingredients:
- 10 -15 Almonds (Badam)
- 10 – 12 Cashewnuts (Kaju)
- 1 tblsp Pistachio (Pista)
- 1/4 Nutmeg ()
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds (White Til)
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds (Khuskhus)
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 5-6 Green Cardamom (Choti Elaichi)
- 8 – 9 Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Melon Seeds
- Few Saffon Strands
- Few Dry Rose Petals
How to make Thandai masala powder homemade:
- In a mixer grinder put all the Thandai masala ingredients and grind them to a fine powder. Open the lid and check for the smoothness. It should not be very coarse. Generally smooth thandai is preferred. No need for dry roasting. After preparing the powder keep in fridge.
- To prepare thandai add 1 1/2 tsp of Thandai Masala Powder in 200 ml of chilled milk. If you want you can strain the liquid.
- Garnish with some rose petals and blanched almonds.