Here is a super easy eggless chocolate mousse trifle using only whipping cream. Kids will simply love this silky light and fluffy chocolate mousse. What’s more it is gelatin free. It’s truly a mouthwatering dessert. This is the simplest and quickest eggless mousse you can ever come across. It just takes 15 minutes to make it and 30 minutes to set it. So look no further this is the chocolate mousse trifle recipe you have been looking for. Lets learn how to make eggless chocolate mousse.
- 1/2 cup Unwhipped Cream
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate
- 1 pack Oreo Chocolate Cookies / Hide n Seek
- 1 tblsp Butter
- 1 – 2 tblsp Chocolate Chips
How to make eggless chocolate mousse without gelatin:
- Crush the Oreo chocolate cookies and grind them to a fine powder in a mixer grinder. Take out in a bowl.
- Now pour melted butter on the grinded cookie powder and and mix well. You will get a crumbly mixture.
- Now take a serving bowl or shot glasses and make a layer of this mixture as the base layer.
- In case you want you can even use chocolate cake too. Keep the glasses aside.
- In a glass bowl put the chopped dark chocolate and microwave at high power for 30 seconds. Using a spoon or fork flip the chocolate. Repeat the process and microwave again for 30 seconds and stir again. Keep repeating the process till chocolate melts fully and is shiny and smooth. Keep it aside to cool at room temperature.
- To beat the cream, take a big bowl which has been chilled in the refrigerator for 15 – 20 mins, add chilled heavy cream and beat it till soft peaks. You can use a hand beater or an electric one. But remember to beat on low speed initially. Once the cream starts to thicken then you can increase the speed. Beat the cream till it is airy, light and has doubled in volume.
- Once the soft peaks are formed. Divide the whipped heavy cream into 2 parts. One for the plain layer and the other for the chocolate layer.
- To prepare the chocolate layer, add the melted chocolate at room temperature to one half of the whipped cream and mix well with cut and fold method. Using a light hand mix completely to have an even color.
- Now pour one layer of chocolate mousse over the prepared cookie layer in the glass. Thickness should be 1 inch. Then pour second layer of chocolate mousse. Finally decorate with a piece of oreo cookie and choco chips or chocolate vermecilli or grated chocolate.
- Put the glasses into refrigerate to chill for 4 – 5 hours.
- The mousse tastes better only when chilled.
Tips for eggless chocolate mousse recipe: