1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi)
1/2 cup oil (tel)
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 tblsp garlic (lasan) paste
3 tblsp fresh coriander leaves. chopped
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
3 tblsp yogurt, whisked
3 tblsp ginger, cut into thin strips
1 tsp chat masala
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp garam masala
1 kg boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
1 tsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
1 1/2 tsp salt (namak)
1 tblsp ginger (adrak) paste
2-4 green chillies, thinly sliced
How to make Ginger Chicken :
- Heat up oil in a heavy based pot over medium heat.
- Mix in the onions and stir fry until soft or for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in ginger and garlic, stir fry about 2 minutes.
- Stirring constantly. (mix in little water if the mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan).
- Mix in chicken and fry until the water from chicken is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in chili powder, turmeric, salt and coriander powder.
- Fry 1 minute, then mix in tomatoes and stirring constantly, fry the mixture for about 5 minutes, or tomatoes are reduced to a pulp.
- Mix in yogurt and fry for few more minutes, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes. mix in a little water, if necessary, to avoid the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan. keep frying until the oil begins to separate.
- Add lemon juice, ginger, chat masala garam masala, coriander leave and green chilies.
- Stir once, cover and stir fry for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Serve hot.