Chicken shashlik is a very popular chicken recipe. Chicken pieces are weaved on skewers and then either they are fried or grilled on on hot charcoal. Here is a very simple chicken shashlik recipe.
Serves : 3
Cooking time : 40 mins
500 gms boneless chicken breast
2 medium onions
2 medium tomatoes
1/4 cups lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp Soya sauce
1 tbsp hot sauce
oil for deep frying
How to make chicken shashlik:
- Cut chicken into 1 ” pieces.
- Put in a round dish with the lemon juice, salt ,black pepper, soya sauce and hot sauce.
- Mix well,cover and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Cut the onion, capsicum, and tomatoes into small cubes.
- Skew chicken and vegetables closely on bamboo skewers.
- Heat up oil in a big size frying pot or karahi.
- Fry skewers for 8-10 minutes or until chicken begin to change its color and the vegetables are soft.
- Take off from oil and put it on absorbent paper.
- Or you can grill the chicken over hot charcoal.
- Decorate with lemon pieces and mint leaves.
- Serve the chicken shaslik hot with mint chutney.