A balanced mix of ingredients such as butter, egg yolks, currants and all-purpose flour is used for making the delicacy, Easter Cookies
3/4 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
3/4 cup butter; softened
4 tsp orange juice
2 tblsp milk
3/4 cup currants
3 egg yolks
4 cup all-purpose flour
Easter Cookie Glaze
2 tblsp powdered sugar
1 egg white lightly beaten
How to make Easter Cookies :
- Start with allowing the oven heat to 350 f (175 c).
- Meanwhile you should grease several baking sheets with butter.
- Then take a large bowl and beat butter with sugar into it until creamy.
- A little later also beat in some more ingredients like egg yolks, orange juice and milk. also add currants.
- After that sift flour and salt into bowl and mix in so that it forms fairly stiff dough.
- You should knead it lightly on a floured surface until it is smooth and then roll out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- With the help of a round 2-1/2-inch-fluted cookie cutter, cut out circular shapes from dough and place them on greased baking sheets.
- The trimmings would remain. knead and roll out the trimmings and cut out more same circular shapes out of the dough until it is used up and no trimmings are left.
- You should bake the cookies for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Now it is time to brush the baked cookies with egg white mixture and sprinkle them lightly with the powdered sugar.
- Once again return to oven for about 5 minutes longer or until the cookies are light brown in color.
- After 5 min remove them from baking sheets to wire racks and allow it to cool.
- You should always store it in an airtight container.
- Easter cookie glaze :
- For the cookie glaze, mix together egg and powdered sugar into a bowl.
- Later add a few drops of food coloring, if desired