Here we present matar mushroom ki sukhi sabji. It is delicious and so easy to prepare. Can be made in less than 30 mins. Perfect side dish for dal, raita and tandoori roti. Lets learn how to make matar mushroom dry preparation.
1 1/2 cup green Peas (matar) shelled
200 gms Fresh Mushroom
1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
4 Green Cardamoms
1″ inch Cinnamon
2 large Onions
1 tblsp Ginger (adrak) paste
1 tblsp Garlic (lasan) paste
1/2 cup Tomato (tamatar) puree
1 tblsp Red Chilli (lal mirch) powder
1 tblsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Turmeric (haldi) powder
1 tsp Garam Masala powder
2 tblsp Oil
Salt to taste
How to make matar mushroom:
- Clean, wash and cut mushrooms in quarters.
- Cut onions finely.
- Heat up oil in a kadai. Add jeera and when the jeera begins to crackle add green cardamom, cinnamon stick and cut onions and stir fry until the onions are light golden brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste and stir fry for half a minute.
- Now add tomato puree, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and stir fry till oil leaves the masala.
- Add 1 tblsp of water to let the masala stuck on the base of the kadai to dislodge.
- Add salt and green peas and mushrooms.
- Adjust the seasoning and cover with a lid and let the sabji cook for 10 – 15 till the peas are well cooked and the water released from the mushroom gets dried up.
- Garnish with either chopped green coriander or onion roundels.
- Serve hot with naan and roti.