Here is simple everyday matar mushroom recipe Punjabi style. This recipe is ideal recipe for tiffins, office lunch boxes and even for small parties at home. Lets learn how to make matar mushroom curry.
- 1-1/2 cups – Green peas (Mutter)
- 200 gms – Mushrooms
- 4 – Cardamon(green)
- 1″ – Cinnamon
- 2 – Onions
- 1-1/2 tbsp – Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp – Garlic paste
- 3-4 – Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp – Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp – Coriander powder
- 1 tsp – Turmeric
- 1 tsp – Garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup – Cashewnut paste
- 4 tbsp – Oil
- Salt To Taste
How to make matar mushroom :
- Clean, wash and cut the mushrooms into medium pieces and chop onions finely.
- Heat oil in pan. Saute green cardamoms, cinnamon stick & onions till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 1/2 a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook till oil leaves the sides.
- AddChilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala, salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Lastly dissolve the cashewnut paste in one cup of water and mix well and add it to the pan. Add one more cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Add the mattar (green peas) and mushrooms and cook till the peas are fully cooked. Once done, serve the mushroom matar with rice or roti.