1/4 cup Chana dal
1/4 cup Moong dal
1/4 cup Tuvar dal
1/2 Inch Ginger
2 Grated Green chillies
1 chopped Onions
1 chopped Tomatoes
3 chopped Garlic cloves, minced
Salt To taste
1 Pinch Turmeric powder
2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
3 tbsp Corainder leaves
How to make Trevti daal:
- Soak all the dals for one hour and pressue cook the dals. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the seasonings. Fry until they turn brown.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic, chillies and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add onions and tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder and cook until done.
- Mash the dals. Add the dals with 2 cups of water. Simmer the flame and let the dal boil for few minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, corainder leaves and stir well.
- Serve hot with rice and papads.