2 litres milk
2 tsp raisins
6 big size moira bananas (not ripe)
2 cup sugar
1 cup coconut scraped
1 tblsp cashew nuts crushed
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
3 tblsp butter
How to make moira plantain croquettes :
- Cut bananas (without removing the skin) into 3 or 4 pieces and steam till soft.
- Cool, take off and lay in a flat dish.
- Cut each piece in half and carefully take off the string of seeds.
- Mash smooth, adding a little butter.
- Shape into 15 balls.
- Keep aside.
- In a pot mix ¼ cup sugar and 1 cup scraped coconut.
- Mix in cashew nuts and stir fry over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Mix in cardamom powder, raisins and stir fry till the mixture dries.
- Take off the pot form the stove and allow the mixture to cool.
- Now take each banana ball, flatten it on the palm of your hand and put one tsp of the mixture in the centre.
- Fold over carefully, roll into a ball again, and flatten slightly using your palms.
- Stick a clove on the top.
- Move it to flat dish and chill for 7 to 8 hours.
- Boil milk with sugar till it reduces to half the quantity and put in a flat deep bowl.
- Assemble the balls in the thick milk and serve.