2 green chillies
salt to taste
4 cloves garlic
400 gms fish
2 tblsp refined flour
1 inch ginger
2 tblsp oil
1 egg beaten
1 medium onion
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
3 -4 potatoes
oil for frying
1/2 cup white bread crumbs
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
a few sprigs coriander leaves
How to make fish cake :
- Boil, take off and mash the potatoes.
- Wash the fish thoroughly.
- Take off the skin and cut into fine pieces.
- Take off and finely cut the onion.
- Wash, take off and grate the ginger.
- Take off and crush the garlic.
- Wash, take off the stem, de-seed and cut the green chillies finely.
- Clean, wash and finely cut the coriander leaves.
- Put potatoes and fish in a mixer and mix in to coarse paste.
- Heat up oil over medium heat up and fry the onions until soft.
- Mix in crushed garlic, grated ginger, cut green chillies, stir and stir fry for one minute.
- Mix in turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, stir stir fry for one minute.
- Mix in the coriander leaves and salt, stir, mix well, take off from heat.
- Put the fish and potato mixture in a big size mixing bowl, mix in onions and fried spices and mix well.
- Cover and chill the mixture for at least one hour.
- Divide the mixture in 12 equal sized portions and shape them into flat round cakes about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dust the cakes in flour, then dip in beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat up oil and fry the fish cakes until golden brown.