2 tsp ginger paste
2 medium onions
1 tblsp oil
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tsp lemon juice
600 gms river fish
2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 sprig curry leaves
3 green chillies
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
Salt to taste
How to make fish moilee :
- Clean, wash and cut fish into medium sized pieces.
- Apply a little salt and lime juice on fish pieces and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Take off onions and cut them.
- Wash green chillies and slit them in two.
- Heat up oil in a kadhai, mix in mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, mix in curry leaves and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Mix in cut onions and stir fry until soft and translucent.
- Mix in ginger and garlic pastes, slit green chillies, turmeric powder and fish pieces.
- Stir fry on high flame heat up for half a minute.
- Mix in coconut milk and salt and stir fry covered on low heat up for about 10 minutes.