- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 cup chopped spinach(frozen)
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillis
- 1clove garlic
- 1″ pc ginger
- 1tsp canola oil
- 1tsp ghee
- 1tsp jeera
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
How to make Spinach Fried Rice :
- Cook basmati rice with 1 1/2 cups water.let it cool and separate the grains.
- Meanwhile blanch the frozen spinach.Allow it to cool slightly
- In a blender make a thick paste of the spinch,green chilli,ginger and garlic.
- In a anon stick skillet heat oil and ghee.Add jeera and saute onions
- Add the spich paste and saute for 4-5 mins.
- Mix the rice evenly with the spinch mixture in the skillet.
- Serve hot with any Raita and papad.