- 1 small pineapple (ananas)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 tsp jeera (cumin seed)
- 2 tsp saunf (aniseed)
- 2 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds (fenugreek)
- 2 tsp onion seeds
- Salt To Taste
How to make pineapple chutney or ananas ki chutney
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add half the quantity of jeera, saunf, rai, methi, onion seeds and salt.
- Saute for some time then add the pineapple pieces, turmeric, chilly powder, salt, sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Cook till the pineapple is done. Add more water if required while cooking the pineapple.
- Mix the maida with some water to a paste and this to the chutney.
- Roast the other half of the masala mixture on a tawa and powder coarsely. Then add it to the chutney.