- 1 heaped cup of long strips of Pineapple (Ananas), fresh
- 1 clove Garlic (Lasun), finely chopped
- 8 Dates (Khajoor) cut into thin and long strips
- 2 teaspoons Salt (Namak)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1/4 teaspoon big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti), ground
- 1 teaspoon Caramel syrup
- 3 teaspoons Raisins (Kishmish)
- 3/4 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 1 heaped teacup Sugar (Cheeni)
- 1 cup Water
How to make pineapple chutney:
- Cook pineapple, garlic and dates with water on a low fire till tender and water is absorbed.
- Add sugar, Red chili pepper , salt, cardamoms, vinegar and cook on hot fire till it becomes a little thick.
- Mix raisins and caramel syrup and cook for a few minutes.
- Pur into a jar.
- Note: If fresh pineapple is not available, the same amount of tinned pineapple can be used.