- 200gms Tamarind (Imli)
- 300gms Jaggery (Gur) grated
- 2 tsp Roasted cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp Black salt
- 1 tsp Garam masala
How to make imli ki chutney (tamarind chutney):
- Add 5 cups of water to tamarind and bring to er the flame and cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain it and add the jaggery, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Cook again on medium flame till jaggery dissolves completely and the chutney gets semi thick(not too thick)
- Take out the pulp from the tamarind mixture.This Chutney thickens more on cooling so check for consistency when using.