A beautiful and moist tutti frutti cake is basically a tea time vanilla cake with lots of candied fruits. This cake is easy to make and requires very few ingredients. Rich and buttery this bakery style tutti frutti cake is a sure winner. Enjoy it with a cup of coffee. This is an tutti frutti cake recipe with eggs.
Ingredients for tutti frutti cake:
- 2 1/2 cup Maida (All Purpose Flour)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Yogurt
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups Mixed Fruits(tutti frutti, raisins, cherries, apricots)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
How to make Indian tutti frutti cake with eggs:
- In a pan boil 1 cup of water and add all the chopped dried fruits for 5 mins. Drain but do not throw away the water. We will use the water later.
- Before you begin baking it is important that all ingredients like – eggs, butter and yogurt are at room temperature
- In a clean dry bowl sift the maida and baking powder 2 – 3 times. This helps in making the cake soft and light.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans with parchment papers and butter.
- Pre heat the oven at 160 c for 10 mins.
- In a separate bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence till light pale and creamy.
- Now add 1 egg at a time. And beat.
- Once all the eggs are incorporated, add sifted flour and baking powder alternating with yogurt. Which means put one time flour mixture mix and then add yogurt, then again flour mixture and then yogurt. Continue till all the flour mixture and yogurt gets over. Make sure to use a light hand with cut and fold method.
- Do not over mix or the cake will turn out hard.
- Add the boiled water which was reserved after boiling. And mix properly.
- Pour the mixture in the lined tins.
- Bake the loafs at 160C for 40 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Once it cools down and you cut it you can see the texture is slight grainy and crumbly just like bakery bought.
- You can consume this tutti frutti cake immediately or you can keep it in the refrigerator for upto 4 days, wrapped tightly in foil.
Important Tips :