Rajma masala or Indian red kidney bean is a famous punjabi vegeterian curry from north india. Try this wonderful recipes with boiled or jeera rice. This is a very popular indian brunch dish cooked on holidays.
- 150 gms Kidney Beans (Rajma)
- 2 medium sized Onion (Pyaj)
- 1 large Tomato (Tamatar)
- 2 Green chilli (Hari mirch)
- 1 tblsp Ginger-garlic (Adrak-Lasun) Paste
- 1/2 tspn Garam masala Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt (Namak)
How to make simple rajma curry:
- Soak the rajma overnight.
- Boil in a pressure cooker till tender.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Cook till brown.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies and cook till pulpy.
- Add coriander powder, salt and 2 cups water and boil well.
- Add the rajma and cook on a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Add the garam masala powder and cook further for another 15 minutes or till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.