STUFFED BAIGAN RECIPE
6 Baingan / Brinjal
2 green chilies (finely chopped)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1/2 cup ghee / vegetable oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp aniseeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
How to make stuffed baigan:
- Clean the baigan and slit them lengthways without halving them.
- Roast the first four spices together and then grind them to
powder and add the turmeric powder.
- Now mix with the salt, lemon juice and green chilies to make a
- Stuff the mixture between baigan (bringal) and tie them back
together with cotton thread to prevent stuffing escaping.
- Heat the oil / ghee in a large frying-pan and fry the onions
until light brown. Add the brinjal and cover tightly.
- Leave to cook turning occasionally until cooked for about 20-30
- Serve the stuffed baigan (bringal) hot with roti or