PALAK PANEER RECIPE
Palak paneer is a popular north Indian recipe cooked using spinach and fresh cottage cheese. Learn how to make easy palak paneer.
1 kg spinach
250 gms of cottage cheese (cut cubes and lightly fried till brown in a tsp of clarified butter)
1 tsp cumin seed
3 to 4 bay leaf
4 tomatoes (blanched in hot water, peeled and pureed)
1 inch piece of ginger
7-8 garlic flakes
2 green chili
Pinch of sugar granules
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
3/4 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp dry mango powder
3 tsp oil
1 tsp butter
1 tsp fresh cream
How to make easy palak paneer:
- Remove spinach leaves from stem and wash leaves well.
- Take 2 glasses of water when it starts to boil, then add spinach, onions, green chili, garlic and ginger with a pinch of sugar granules to it. Let it
boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Switch of the heat and let the spinach cool down.
- Blend the spinach mixer in a blender and make a thick spinach paste.
- Heat a heavy bottomed wok; add oil and butter to it, when the oil is hot add cumin seed and bay leaves. When a cumin seed starts to crackle add the
tomato paste and let it cook for 5-6 minute on medium heat. Then add spinach paste along with spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam
masala and dry mango powder; let it cook further for another 5 minute.
- Add the fried pieces of cottage cheese and mix it well. Cook and cover on low heat for 4-5 minute.
- Take it out in a serving bowl and garnish with fresh cream.
- Serve hot with rotis or steamed rice.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...