ALOO DAHI WALE RECIPE
500gm aloo (potatoes) boiled and peeled
1 tbsp ginger-finely sliced
a pinch asafoetida
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup yogurt (curd)
3-4 green chillies
2 tbsp clarified butter
1 tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
- Break the aloo (potatoes), by holding each in the palm of your
hand and closing the fist. Keep these unevenly broken potatoes aside
until further use.
- Heat the ghee, add cumin and asafoetida. When the cumin
splutters, add ginger and sauté till slightly fried.
- Lower the flame, add yogurt 1 tbsp at a time, stirring vigorously
until all of it is well blended.
- Add garam masala, coriander, salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
Stir a few times until well mixed, add potatoes and green chillies,
turn around over high heat, until they look slightly fried.
- Add about 2 cups water, bring the mixture to a boil, and then
simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Serve aloo dahi wale hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...