NIMBU KA ACHAR (Lemon pickle) RECIPE
5 cups water
1 tsp asafetida powder
4 tsp salt
30 Black peppercorns
2 tsp black cardamom seeds
3 tbsp salt
2 tsp Red chili powder
1 tbsp White cumin seeds
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp vinegar
How To Make Lemon Pickle:
- Wash and clean lemons.
- Now boil the water and put 25 lemons in it for 2-3 minutes.
- Take them out, dry them and cut into quarters.
- Using sterilized jars for the pickle, sprinkle the asafetida
powder and half the salt over the base.
- Grind all the paste ingredients to make a smooth mixture and
smear it all over the lemon quarters. Drop these spiced lemons into
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining 10 lemons over them and
sprinkle rest of salt.
- Cover the jar with a clean cloth and leave out in sun.
- The pickle should be ready within 2 weeks.