- 1 kg Lemons (Nimbu)
- 1/2 kg Sugar (Cheeni)
- l teaspoon asafoetida
- 4 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric (Haldi)
- 3/4 cup Salt (Namak)
How to make lemon pickle (gujarati):
- Cut each lemon halfway through.
- Stuff with salt and turmeric powder and put in an airtight jar for one month.
- The lemons will leave some water.
- Drain it and cut each lemon into four pieces.
- In the water mix asafoetida powder, red chili pepper and sugar and pour over the lemons in the jar.
- Cork tightly.
- This pickle can keep for two years.