- 1 kg Lemons (Nimbu)
- 1/2 level teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 Cloves (Lavang)
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 3 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 teaspoons Coriander (Dhania) powder
- 2 teaspoons dry Ginger (Adrak) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (Dalchini) powder
- 2 big cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida (roasted)
- 3 teaspoons Black Salt (Kala namak)
- 12 teaspoons table Salt (Namak)
- 1 cup Lemon (Nimbu) juice
How to make stuffed lemon pickle:
- Slit the lemons into four without separating them at the base.
- Remove all the seeds.
- Grind all the dry ingredients to a fine powder.
- Stuff the lemons with the ground spices and then put them in a pan and pour in the lemon juice.
- Cook on a low fire till the juice boils.
- Cool and put the pickle in airtight jar.
- Keep in the sun for 4 days shaking it once daily.
- Serve after 2 weeks.