- 750 grams Lemons (Nimbu)
- 3/4 cup Salt (Namak)
- 1 cup Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 3 teaspoons Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 3/4 cup Lemon (Nimbu) juice
- 2 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 3 teaspoons fenugreek seeds, powdered
- 1/2 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
How to make lemon pickle South Indian:
- Cut the lemons into eight pieces each, rub salt and keep for one week in a jar.
- Shake daily.
- Heat the oil in a pan, remove from the fire, cool a little, add crushed asafoetida and mustard seeds and cover the pan.
- Cool a little, mix lemon pieces, lemon juice, fenugreek powder, chilli powder and sugar.
- Keep for one week before serving.