GODA MASALA RECIPE
5 Cardamom (Elaichi)
1/2 inch stick Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
5 Cloves (Lavang)
2 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
1 tsp Oil
2 tsp White Sesame seeds (Til)
2 tsp Coriander seeds (Dhania)
4 tsp flaked Coconut (Nariyal)
10 Black Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
5 Cassia Buds
How to make goda masala:
- Remove the cardamom seeds from their husks.
- Saute the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves in the oil until the cloves swell.
- Dry-Roast the rest of ingredients over a low heat until the coconut is dark brown.
- Cool and grind with sautéed spices until fine.
- Store in an air tight container.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...