MISSI ROTI RECIPE
Missi roti is an Indian bread made with a combination of wheat flour and gramflour and seasoned with spices. Missi roti is generally ordered in restaurants along with makhani dal and jeera aloo.
Makes : 4 - 5
Total time : 50 mins
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (atta)
1/2 cup Gram Flour (Beasn)
1/2 tsp Saboot Dhania (Coriander Seeds)
1/2 tsp Ajwain
1/4 tsp Jeera Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1 - 2 tsp fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
1/2 tsp Red chili powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Green chilli
1 tblsp chopped Coriander Leaves
Pinch of Baking soda
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tbsp oil
Water to knead
How To Make Missi Roti:
- Mix Wheat flour, gramflour, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, jeera powder, corainder seeds, garam masala, soda, finely chopped green chilly, finely chopped corainder leaves and crushed kasoori methi. Mix well.
- Now add oil and rub it into the flour. Slowly add water little by little and make a soft dough and keep it covered with damp cloth for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough again and make small balls.
- Roll into a slightly thick chapati than usual. Pre-heat the girdle (tawa) and cook the missi roti with or without oil.
- Before serving cut it into half and smear some butter on it. Serve hot with pickle and curd.
- Note: 1.It can also be cooked in an oven or tandoor.
2. Instead of tawa you can bake them in a home tandoor as well.
3. Variations: You can also add fresh methi leaves instead of dried methi, grated ginger and even chopped onion.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...