PURI BHAJI RECIPE
Puri bhaji is an integral part of the north Indian cuisine. You will find the presence of poori bhaji in every festive food. Pooris are fried wheat flour balls and bhaji is made with boiled potatoes and spices.
Ingredients for Pooris:
2 cup Wheat flour
2 tbsp Curd
Water to knead dough
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
Ingredients for aloo bhaji
4 Potatoes (boiled)
1 Chopped onion
2 Chopped green chilies
1/2 tsp Ginger finely chopped
1/2 tsp Crushed garlic
3-4 pinches Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp urad dal
5 - 6 curry leaves
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Coriander finely chopped
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
How to make puri bhaji:
- For Pooris :
- Mix curd in the flour and add salt.
- Knead soft pliable dough with water.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes. Divide dough into 10-12 parts, shape into balls.
- Roll each into 4 rounds with the help of some oil or dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, fry on both sides till light brown.
- Drain the oil on a kitchen paper. Serve hot with bhaji.
- For Aloo Bhaji :
- Heat oil in a pan, put the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add curry leaves, urad dal and chopped onions and sauté till onions becomes tender.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chopped green chilly and fry it for a minute.
- Peel the potatoes and crush them with hand and add to the mixture.
- Add salt, turmeric and lemon juice. And let it cook for 1 - 2 mins.
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Your poori bhaji is ready to served.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...