ALOO KACHORI RECIPE
Aloo kachori is deep fried snack very much liked in northern India. This lip smacking snack is very spicy.
1/2 kg Potatoes
1 fresh grated coconut
2-3 nos. Green chillies
100 grams Arrowroot
1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
1-2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1-2 teaspoons Sugar
As per requirement Salt
How to make aloo kachori:
- Boil the potatoes and mash them.
- Add 50 gms arrowroot to the mashed potatoes and knead into firm dough. (This is used for outer covering of the Kachori. )
- Mix up the grated coconut with crushed green chillies, sugar, lemon, cardamom and salt to make the filling mixture.
- Take a small portion of the dough and press it between palms to make a small puri, stuff with coconut mixture and form into a ball. Repeat for the rest.
- Roll the balls in the remaining arrowroot and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown in colour. Serve hot with chutney