GUJARATI KHAMAN DHOKLA RECIPE
1 cup rice
1 cup urad dal
1 cup yellow moong dal
3 cups sour buttermilk
2 green chillies crushed fine
1/4 tsp - ginger grated fine
1/2 tsp - soda bicarb
2 tbsp - oil
2-3 pinches red chilli powder
1/2 tbsp - coriander finely chopped
Salt To Taste
- Mix the rice and dal, wash, drain and dry on a clean cloth for a
- The grain should be completely. Grind to a coarse flour in dry
grinder or at the flour mill. This flour should be like very fine
soji in texture.
- Store in airtight container and use as required. Will keep good
upto 2 months. To make khaman, take 1 cup flour in a bowl.
- Add buttermilk, and mix well. Keep- aside for 4-5 hours. Dissolve
sodabicarb in the oil. Add to batter.
- Mix all ingredients except red chilli powder and coriander. Pour
immediately in a 6" diam. greased plate.
- Steam over water either in a cooker or steamer. Pierce knife, and
check, should come out clean if done.
- Sprinkle the chilli powder and coriander, steam again for 2-3
- Cut dhaman dhokla into squares or diamonds and serve hot with
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...