MOONG DAL CHAKLI RECIPE (Spicy Crunchy Spirals)
2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup Mung Dal paste
2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain) or cumin seeds
1 red chili powder (optional)
Salt To Taste
oil for frying water as required
- Cook the mungdal to a paste like consistency .
- In a big bowl add rice flour, mungdal paste, turmeric, salt,
chili powder, carom seeds or cumin seeds.
- Mix lightly. Heat oil and add the sizzling hot oil to the rice
- Add water as needed to make a stiff dough. Knead thoroughly with
hand not food processor.
- Take a lemon size dough and place it in a chakli mould or icing
bag with star nozzle. Heat oil for frying.
- Test the oil by dropping a small piece of dough and wait for 3
seconds if it does not rise to the top then oil needs to be heated.
- Gently make a spiral with the chakli mould or icing bag and deep
fry to a golden brown.
- Cool moong dal chakli completely before storing in an airtight
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...