DAAL MAKHANI RECIPE (Maa Ki Daal)
1 cup whole urad daal (urad sabut)
1tbsp Red kidney beans (Rajma)
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
1" Ginger piece
2-3 green chilies finely chopped
chopped coriander leaves
4-5 flakes Garlic paste
1/2 cup stirred curd
1/2 cup fresh stirred cream (malai)
1tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1/2tsp Garam masala
Red chili powder to taste
1/2tsp dhania powder
Salt to taste
How to make dal makhni :
- Soak rajma in water overnight.
- Add water & little salt and pressure-cook Rajma and urad daal
till soft for about 20-25 minutes. Mash and boil again for 15-20
minutes and add curd and cream to the daal.
- Now in kadhai heat oil, splutter cumin seeds and add garlic
paste, fry till light brown. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add ginger, green chilies and tomatoes and fry till tomatoes
- Now add dry masalas (turmeric powder, chili powder, dhania powder
& salt) and fry again for a moment.
- Add daal and stir on medium flame. As soon as it starts boiling
remove from the gas.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and garnish daal makhni with
coriander and add butter.
- Serve daal makhni hot. Goes well with laccha paratha, naan or
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...