Bhindi Ka Salan Recipe
Bhindi Ka salan is a cooked like a stew in sweet and sour gravy.Learn how to make bhindi ka salan.
500 gms bhindi
3 medium sized onions (sliced)
1 tomato (pureed)
2-3 dry red chillies(broken in half)
1/4 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp tamraind pulp
1 tsp red chilly powder
salt to taste
How to make bhindi ka salan:
- Wash and dry the bhindis.Cut in two halves nad stir fry in little oil.
Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan with a thick bottom.Add sliced onions and ginger garlic
paste.Fry till golden brown.
- Add the pureed tomato and mix well.Cook it till the masala is brown.
Remove it and let it cool.Then grind it by adding little water to make a
paste and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a wok or kadai and add mustard seeds and peppercorns.Let
them splutter.Then add dry red chillies.Now add the onion tomato paste and
tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Add adequate amount of water to form a gravy and let it cook on low flame.
Then add stir fried bhindi and cook till the bhindis are done.
- Serve hot