Vegetable jalfrezi is a spicy tangy mix vegetable easy and simple to make recipe. It gets ready in less than 30 minutes. The best thing about this dish is that you can add any seasonal vegetable you like. Vegetable jalfrezi is a semi gravy dish that goes very well with dals and curries. You will very frequently come across this dish in restaurant menu. So here we have givena simple way of how to
make restaurant style vegetable jalfrezi.
Total Time: 30 min
Serves: 2 – 3
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (Phool Gobi)
- 1/2 cup Cabbage
- 1 medium Carrot (Gajar)
- 1/2 cup Peas (matar)
- 1/2 capsicum (shimla mirch)
- 2- 3 French Beans
- 1 Onion (pyaj)
- 1 Tomato (tamatar)
- 3 – 4 Garlic Pods
- 1 Green chilly (hari mirch)
- 1/2 ” piece Ginger (adrak)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp salt (namak)
- 1 tblsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tblsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1/2 cup cream (optional)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Cut cauliflower, Carot and French Beans into thick long pieces.
- Now blanch these vegetables along with peas so as to soften them and strain them and keep aside.
- Also cut into big cube Onions, Tomato, cabbage and Capsicum.
- Make a fine paste of garlic, ginger and green chilly.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion cubes until it turns pink.
- Then fry ginger-garlic-chilly paste for a minute.
- Then add tomato puree and fry for few minutes.
- Now add red chilly powder, dhania powder, salt, turmeric powder and vinegar.
- Add all the boiled vegetables and fry at high flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add cubed tomatoes, capsicum, cabbage. And further fry for not more than 2 – 3 mins or the vegetables will lose their crunch.
- Now make a lump free paste of cornflour dissolved in 1/2 of cup of water.
- Add it to the vegetables and cook on high flame till all the water evaporates and the gravy thickens.
- Now switch off the flame and add cream to make it more restaurant style.
- Take it out in a dish and garnish with ginger juliennes.
- Note: You can even add paneer cubes to the jalfrezi.