Turai or Tori is a simple yet very nutritious vegetable. It is generally avoided because it looks cumbersome to cook with. But trust me this pressure cooker recipe of turai ki Sabzi is going to make you include this Sabzi as a regular in your weekly menu. The addition of curry leaves gives it an all together new dimension.
Torai is a great vegetable to lose weight. It has high water content and dietary fibre. This turai is Sabzi is low in calorie and healthy too. It can be made quickly and can be made part of healthy lunch or dinner. Read along to know how to make this healthy turai is Sabzi
- 500 gms Turai / Tori
- 2 medium chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 2 – 3 medium Tomato chopped
- 1 – 2 Green Chilly Slit lengthewise
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tblsp Ghee / Oil
- 1 tblsp chopped Coriander Leaves
Treo By Milton Cube Storage Glass Jar, 310 ml Each, 6 Pcs Set, Transparent | BPA Free | Storage Jar | Air Tight | Modular | Multipurpose Jar
Treo presents jars for storing pickles, spices, chutneys and other condiments. These jars are airtight and sturdy. They look amazing in the kitchen. The glass quality is good and are reasonably pricesd
How to make turai ki sabzi :
- Peel the tori, wash and chop them into small cubes.
- Heat a pan or pressure cooker which ever you prefer. Though cooking in pressure cooker reduces the cooking time considerably and also retains the nutrients of turai.
- Now add hing and cumin seeds, when they begin to splutter add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Lower the flame and add green chilly and grated ginger. Stir for few seconds and then add turmeric powder, chopped tomato, coriander powder, garam masala, red chilly powder and salt. Stir immediately and then add 1 tblsp of water. Cook for a minute.
- Now chopped turai.
- Do not add too much water as turai itself will release lots of water when cooked.
- If using pressure cooker put the weight and let it cook for 3 – 4 whistles. And if using open pan then cover it and let it simmer for 15 – 20 mins on low flame or till done.
- Once done with the help of a ladle smash turai pieces and garnish with chopped green coriander.
- If you want to make it more dry then cook on high flame for few more minutes and then swtich off the flame and a few minutes later add the lemon juice.