2 raw mangoes
4 green chillies
4 tblsp gingelly oil (tel)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (raai)
1 tsp red chilli (lal mirch) powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp salt (namak)
How to make mango pesarel:
- Wash, wipe and cut the mangoes with skin into very tiny pieces.
- Wash and slit the green chillies and keep aside.
- Heat the oil, temper with mustard seeds, add asafoetida, salt and red chilli powder.
- Stir and add the green chillies and mangoes, toss well and cook for about two to three minutes.
- Remove and cool. It is ready to serve and can be kept for 6-7 days at refrigerated temperature.