Learn to make this tasty and easy to cook tomato soup at home.
- 1 1/2 lbs. of ripe tomatoes remove seeds, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic crushed
- 1 Small red pepper chopped (optional)
- 4 Cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 oz of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of Basil
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan, cook the onion, garlic and red pepper till soft.
- Add the tomato and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and put the mixture in a blender until it is smooth.
- Return to the pan and heat gradually.
- Add the fresh basil to the tomato soup, cook 2 minutes and serve.