- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 2 cups Chicken or veg stock
- 3 nos. Egg yolks
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 4 tbsps Butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp Salt
How to make mushroom soup:
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock, raise the heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove the mushroom mixture from the heat.
- Beat 1/2 cup of hot broth with the egg yolks until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Gradually pour this mixture into the mushroom mixture, stirring constantly to prevent the mixture from curdling.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the milk, salt and pepper.
- Reheat uncovered, stirring constantly, but do not let the soup boil.
- Serve the mushroom soup hot.