Here is a dal shorba soup recipe which is very light and creamy and full of goodness of proteins. This Indian lentil dal shorba recipe is perfect for the winter chilly evenings. It is an amazing dal shorba soup in which the addition of lemon and fresh coriander leaves not only soothes the tummy but your tongue too. Try this recipe you are definitely going to relish till the last sip.
- 1 tblsp Split Moong Dal (Moong Dhuli)
- 1 tblsp Red Masoor Dal
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1″ inch Ginger
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 – 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 6 -7 Almonds Blanched
- Salt to taste
- 1 tblsp Ghee/ Oil for tadka
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- Fresh Coriander Leaves for garnish
- 1 Lemon
How to make dal shorba soup:
- Wash the dals and keep aside.
- Chop all the vegetables and almonds roughly
- In a pressure cooker put all the above ingredient except listed under tadka.
- Add 3 cups full of water and pressure cook everything together up to 5 whistles.
- Switch off the gas and allow all the pressure to release naturally.
- Once the pressure is released open the lid. With an electric blender churn everything together for 2 minutes.
- Now strain the pulp with a strainer. Squeeze out all liquid from the pulp. Discard the pulp.
- Pour the clear shorba soup in a serving bowl.
- Before serving take pure ghee in a tempering pan. Heat the ghee, add kashmiri red chilli powder. Immediately pour the ghee along on to the shorba and mix well.
- Add a squeeze of one whole lemon and serve hot. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and fresh crushed black pepper.
- Serve piping hot with toasted bread or parmesan sticks.
Tips for dal shorba soup recipe: