Learn how to make pani puri. Pani puri is round puffed balls filled with potato mixture and served with sweet and tangy pani. This pani puri recipe is a sure winner. Here is pani puri recipe in English.
Pani Puri Ingredients List:
- To make puri:
- 1 cup Semolina (Rava / Suji)
- 3 tblsp Fine Wheat Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Oil to deep fry
- To make pani:
- 1/2 cup Tamarind (Imli) Pulp
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tblsp roasted Cumin Seed (Jeera) Powder
- 2 tblsp un-roasted Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- 3 Green Chilly (Hari Mirch)
- 1 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina Leaves)
- 1 tblsp Black Salt (kala namak )
- 1 tblsp Boondi
- 2 tblsp crushed Jaggary (Gur)
- To make stuffing:
- 2 medium boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup boiled dried yellow peas/ small chickpeas
- Salt to taste
- Green chutney
- Red Tamarind Chutney
How to make pani puri:
- To Make Puri:
- Mix sooji, maida, baking soda and salt in a wide mouth vessel. Now add warm water little by little to knead astiff dough. The stiffness should be same as for the puris. Cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Now make small equal lemon sized balls of the dough. Do remember to keep them covered with damp muslin cloth while making more balls.
- Now with the help of some dry maida, roll out thin rotis. Make them round with the help of a round cookie cutter or lid of any container.
- Points to remember before frying :
1. Always ensure that the oil is hot before frying otherwise the puris will soak in excess oil and will not puff. Put a small testing puri. If it comes up fast then the oil is rightly hot.
2. Also the oil should not be smoking hot or the puris will get burnt and dark.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan or kadai and put 3 – 4 puris in the kadai and fry them with the help of a slotted spoon.
- While frying, press them in the center allow them to puff up. We want a pocket in each and every puri.
- Now flip them over and let them cook. Take them out on a kitchen towel when they are light brown and crisp. Don’t let them get dark in color.
- Let them cool. Later store in an airtight container.
- To Make Pani:
- Grind in a hand blender coriander, mint leaves and green chillies to make a fine paste.
- Mix all the ingredients of the pani along with the green paste. Dissolve the gur properly. Adjust the spices and tanginess according to taste.
- Strain through a wire strainer to remove any rough bits. Keep in the refrigerator for 2 -3 hrs before serving.
- To Make The Stuffing : In a bowl mix yellow peas, roughly mashed potatoes and salt. Keep aside.
- To Serve: Make a small hole on a puri by tapping slowly on the crisp side. Fill some stuffing in the centre along with some green chutney, tamarind chutney and some chilled pani prepared earlier. Stir the pani before using to mix all the masalas.
- Enjoy homemade pani puri or golgappa or puchkas….