Masala sev is a very easy to make dry snack recipe. Once good thing about this snack is that it can be stored for 2 weeks. Learn how to make masala sev.
- 21/2 cup sifted Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 1 tblsp Vegetable oil (Vanaspati)
- 11/2 tblsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tblsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4th cup Water
- Ghee / oil for deep frying
How to make masala sev:
- Mix the flour, salt, red chilly powder & turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add 1tbsp oil & lemon juice to the water.
- Pour it in the flour and mix into a thick paste, adding extra flour as necessary so that the mixture is not sticky.
- It should be of crumbly texture.
- Fill the seviya machine with a portion of it.
- Heat the oil / ghee in a kadhai / deep-frying pan over moderate heat.
- Holding the utensil over the hot oil, force the mixture through the holes by turning the handle.
- As soon as noodles fall, slowly move the machine in a circular motion so that they do not stick together.
- Fry both sides until crisp and lightly browned.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Fry the remaining paste in the same manner.
- Cool and break into uniform pieces.
- Keep in an air tight container for 2 weeks.