Aloo bonda is a very famous Mumbai snack. Round balls of mashed and spiced potatoes are dipped in besan batter and deep fried. Very yummy and delicious to eat. Learn how to make aloo bonda.
- 2 Large Boiled, Mashed Aloo (Potatoes)
- 1-2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1cup gram flour
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1/4th tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- Oil for frying
How to make aloo bonda:
- Add salt, chili powder, garam masala, coriander, and greenchilies to the mashed aloo (potatoes) and mix well.
- In a bowl take a cup of gram flour; add turmeric powder, littlesalt and chili powder to it. Add little water bit by bit and mixingwith hand make a batter (neither too thick nor too lose).
- Make small balls of aloo (potato) mixture.
- Dip each ball in the batter and deep fry them till golden. brown
- Serve aloo bonda hot with chutney.