1/2 cup plain boondi
1/2 red chilli powder
2 -3 red chillies whole
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tblsp bengal gram flour (besan)
1 tsp garam masala powder
3 tblsp oil
2 big size papads
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch asafietuda
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup yogurt (sour)
How to make papad ka shaak :
- Roast papads and break into medium sized pieces.
- Whisk everything the yogurt, besan and 1 cup of water.
- Soak papads pieces and boondi in 2 cup hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Heat up oil.
- Mix in cumin seeds.
- When they begin to crackle, mix in asafoetida and broken red chillies.
- Fry for a minute or so.
- Mix in red chilli powder and beaten yogurt.
- Mix in rest of the masalas and stir continuously.
- As it begins to boil, mix in the papad and boondi.
- Boil for a couple of minutes and decorate with cut coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.