1 tblsp cashewnuts
1 tblsp raisins
saffron few strands
1 cup basmati rice
1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
1 tblsp pure ghee
1/2 cup sugar
25 gms sugar crystals
How to make kesari bhaat :
- Soak rice for half an hour.
- Heat up ghee in a pan, fry raisins and cashewnuts, remove and keep aside.
- In the same ghee mix in rice and stir fry till rice starts separating.
- Dissolve saffron in warm water and keep aside.
- Mix in 11/2 cup of boiling water to the rice and mix in saffron water and let it cook.
- When half done mix in sugar and continue to stir fry till all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Finally mix in the cardamom powder and decorate it with fried dry fruits and sugar crystals.
- Serve hot.