1 cup rice1 cup
2 tblsp ghee
1/2 cup green gram divide (moong dal)
1/2 cup french beans chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 cup carrots chopped
a pinch asafoetida
1 cup peas
4 cup water
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
How to make vegetable khichdi :
- Wash rice and dal together.
- Heat up the ghee in a vessel and mix in cumin seeds and asafoetida, when the seeds crackle mix in the vegetables and dal and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in rice and turmeric powder and continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix in 4 cup of boiling water and salt.
- Cover and stir fry on low heat up till done.
- Serve with pure ghee.