Here is Jaipuri mewa pulao recipe. This Rajasthani dry fruit pulao recipe is super easy to make for festivals and special occasions that need a celebration. It is a very good recipe for leftover rice too. Ideal for evening snacks or post dinner sweet craving. Let us learn how to make Jaipuri mewa pulao.
Jaipuri Mewa Pulao Ingredients:
2 cups long grained white rice
2 cups sugar
1 cup ghee
l/2 cup chironji, coarsely ground
25 almonds, blanched, chopped
2 – 3 tblsp Raisin
3 – 4 cloves
1 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp saffron, soaked in 1 tsp milk
4 cups milk
How to make Rajasthani Dry Fruit Pulao:
- Soak the rice in water for 2 hours. Drain. Heat ghee, cloves and raisins and then add the drained rice. Add milk.
- Cover the pan and cook on a low fire till the rice gets cooked stirring occasionally but gently so that the rice grains do not break.
- As soon as the rice is cooked, add the cardamom and nutmeg powders, chopped almonds, chironji sugar and soaked saffron.
- Mix well. Let it cook for some more time till the sugar gets properly incorporated in the rice and there is no liquid left. Be very gentle when stir the rice.
- Once fully cooked serve jaipuri mewa pulao hot.