1/4 cup cashewnuts (halved)
1/2 cup sesame seeds (til)
200 gms sugar
2 tblsp pure ghee
How to make jaipur ki gajak :
- Grease a tray with a little ghee.
- Roast sesame seeds over a low heat up until lightly brown.
- Roast cashew nuts also until lightly brown.
- Combine sugar, remaining ghee and 2 tblsp of water.
- Stir fry the mixture over medium heat up till it turns into a thick syrup.
- Take off from heat, stir in sesame seeds and cashew nuts.
- Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture onto a buttered tray and then level it.
- Make cuts as per the required size and shape and allow to cool.
- When cold, separate the pieces and serve.