1 small onions sliced
1 tsp cumin seeds
ghee to fry
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup coriander leaves
2 tsp red chilli powder
salt to taste
1/2 kg fish fillets
1 tblsp coriander seeds
2 tsp kachri paste
5 – 6 garlic flakes
How to make machchi ke sooley :
- Clean, wash the fish fillets (preferably of fresh water fish), wipe with a dry kitchen cloth.
- Cut into 2 x 2 inch flat pieces.
- Deep fry cut onion till golden brown and make a paste.
- In the same ghee fry garlic till golden and then grind to a paste.
- Roast and crush coriander and cumin seeds.
- Mix in both the pastes.
- Mix in all ingredients except the ghee.
- Marinate the fish in this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the fish pieces and stir fry on a barbecue or in an oven, basting in between with ghee, till golden brown.
- Serve at once with green or garlic chutney and onion rings.