4 – 5 cloves
1 tsp cumin seeds
12 garlic cloves
20 red chillies whole
4 green cardamoms
2 inch cinnamon
1 kg chicken
2 tblsp mustard oil
1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup yogurt
How to make bhuna kukda :
- Clean and wash the chicken, cut into big size pieces.
- Take off garlic.
- Soak red chillies in lukewarm water for 1/2 an hour.
- Grind everything garlic, red chillies, cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon and turmeric powder to a fine paste.
- Apply the prepared masala and salt to the chicken and keep it to marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat up oil in a kadhai, mix in cumin seeds, when they crackle mix in the marinated chicken and stir fry on high flame heat.
- When all the moisture has evaporated, mix in beaten yogurt, mix in a little water and continue cooking on high flame heat.
- Stir fry till all moisture has evaporated and chicken has cooked.
- Adjust salt and stir fry till the masala coats the chicken.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with coriander leaves.