1 cup – Chana dal
1 Onions, chopped
Salt To taste
1 – Turmeric Powder
Handful – Pinch Corainder leaves
2 – Cinnamon sticks
2 – Cloves
1 – Bayleafs
1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
1 tsp – Lemon Juice
1 tbsp – Ghee
- Clean, wash and soak chana dal for one hour.
- Pressure cook the dal with 3 cups of water. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon stick, bayleafs, cumin seeds and fry until they pop up.
- Add onions and fry till brown. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add dal and let it boil for few minutes.
- Garnish with corainder leaves. When the dal will be cool, add lemon juice and stir well.
- Serve sukhi chana daal hot with rice or paratha.