Mooli paratha is something which any punjabi can vouch for. The muli parathas smeared with butter and eaten with thick curd are a regular fare in Punjabi household.
Serves : 2
Cooking time : 30 mins
3 medium Mooli (Radish)
Salt To Taste
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Corainder powder
2 Green chillies, chopped finely
1/4 tsp Ajwain
2 tbsp Corainder leaves
2 cups Wheat flour
Salt To taste
Water As needed
Oil for frying muli paranthas
- Sieve the wheat flour and salt. Add water little by little to knead a stiff dough. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Peel and grate the radish. Add little 1/2 tsp salt and keep aside for 15 mins. Then squeeze and drain out all the water.
- Heat the pan and fry the radish to light brown. Add salt, red chilli powder, green chillies, ajwain. Switch off the flame and then add corainder leaves and mix well. Allow it to cool.
- Take some dough and roll into small puri, put 2tsp of stuffing and cover all the sides. Make a small ball. Roll again into a thick, round parantha.
- Heat a tava and fry the mooli ka paratha both sides to crispy and brown. Put some oil over the paratha.
- Serve the mooli paratha hot with curd and butter.
1.It is important to ensure to squeeze out all the water from the grated radish.
2. As a variation skip the sauteing and just add all the spices to raw mooli and make parathas.
3. Prepare the mixture only when about to serve. Do not prepare it well in advance. Otherwise it will be difficult to roll out the paranthas.